incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call for comments: Webpage for Listing OpenOffice Consultants
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:25:32 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> A technical solution could be to put the strings into their own XML
> file, so different localized versions could be used.  These would be
> strings like column headers, the text of the disclaimer, etc.

This would be perfect, and flexible enough.

> Another solution would be to have one master consultant listing, but
> add a field to indicate the geographic scope of their business. ...
> Pardon my ignorance here, but how do consultants tend to work in
> Europe?  Are they easily able to offer services through the EU?

This option is probably not needed. Individual consultants will often
work within one country only, and those who offer services in multiple
countries can fill in multiple applications (and then we would have the
issue that geography and language do not map one-to-one, so this
approach couldn't be easily generalized).

Regards,
   Andrea.