incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] maybe time for a home page facelift?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:45:42 GMT

On 09/27/2012 07:22 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2012, at 6:25 PM, Kevin Grignon wrote:
>
>> KG 02 - See comments inline.

>>> OK, wiki page done...please see
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/x/WwPVAQ<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/WwPVAQ>
>>>
>>> post comments, add items, etc...
>>>
>>> I didn't propose anything just raised some questions, and provided a
>>> marked up version of the home page with locational areas.
>>>
>>> KG02 - Good stuff. Thanks for getting this going.
>>>

>>> Perhaps we should setup an area in ooo-site where we can have a design

>>> KG01 - Yes, good idea. Actually, UX is setting up a virtual studio to show
>>> sketches, mockups and screen caps of ideas.

 Our

>>> KG01 - Short term re-branding could remove the "incubation" reference. More
>>> broadly, we should style the site to reflect any updates to our branding.
>
> For the website the words (incubating) are usually isolated to brand.mdtext files.
>
> Many of these have been localized.
>
> The incubator logo is referenced from a single place in the header template.

>>> KG01 - Long term UI refresh, should be associated with any enhancement to
>>> our brand moving foward. 4.0 presents an opportunity to launch such a
>>> re-branding.
>>>
>>> KG01 - Who can lead a re-branding effort? Marketing? PMC? Thoughts?
>
> The Apache Flex (incubating) held a logo contest and had over 50 entries. The selection
was made via a multiphase voting method not too different from the PMC roster vote that Andrew
just ran.

> Regards,
> Dave

OK...we would probably want to start a new thread on this topic.

And, Dave re your other comments. Yes, I will continue my rather minor
modifications to the home page in the interim, and post a separate
thread when I think it's ready.