incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] maybe time for a home page facelift?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:42:12 GMT

On 09/27/2012 01:58 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think the fact that you are no longer using a <p> tag is what makes it
Google+</div>.

>> Well...all I can tell you is I used many many many permutations yesterday
>> trying to get this do what I wanted it to. :) to no use...
>>
>> I confess I am quite behind in my CSS and  at this point.
>>
>> I will try to do some quick catch up in this regard, and maybe some rather
>> large edits are needed to do something as simple as i'd like.
>

> I still not totally sure what is the problem maybe I should check the SVN
> but have u tried using some pseudo classes-elements. I find this site to be
> helpful: http://w3schools.com/css/css_pseudo_classes.asp
> at least for reference and remembering stuff.

Hi Alexandro --

Well I did get this fixed the way I was intending by yes, inserting
another <p> tag as suggested (it could be I could arrange things a bit
differently and now take one out), AND, fix the CSS definition for the
anchors I wanted. My syntax was incorrect for what I wanted to happen.