incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: [UX] [Call for review] Task Prioritization Survey Questions
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:07:10 GMT
On 27/09/2012 Regina Henschel wrote:
> Kevin Grignon schrieb:
> The keywords in the modules are all about isolate actions, making up a
> matrix of 62 × 5 for spreadsheet for example. I think those things can
> be better collected automatically, in the kind it was done some time ago.

Yes, and indeed tracking tools are probably far better than users at
remembering how frequently a particular operation is performed. What we
have is described at
(and I kind of remember seeing, years ago, an immense Calc file
tabulating some results, but I can't find it now).

What I don't know is how difficult it would be recover or recreate the
server-side part. The function was removed from OpenOffice 3.4 but I
don't know if this happened because it had become uninteresting (i.e.,
nobody would have looked at data) or because it would have been very
complex to restore it.

> Comment about "Which type of software do you use the most frequently?"
> This question is useless, because nearly everyone uses Writer most
> frequently.

There are other questions that can be dropped: for example, a user who
never uses "Save" would be one of a kind. But as I wrote it seems more
promising to assess whether the User Feedback Program can be restored
rather than asking users to complete long surveys.

View raw message