incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] [Call for review] Task Prioritization Survey Questions
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:17:37 GMT

On 09/25/2012 10:50 PM, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've captured a series of questions for inclusion in an upcoming AOO
> survey. The questions are intended to help us understand which features and
> capabilities are most frequently used in the editors. Insight from this
> survey will help us focus our attention on core task, and help prioritize
> future effort.
>
> I've captured the questions in a spreadsheet. Please visit the UX wiki to
> download and review the questions.
>
> *AOO Survey Templates - Task Prioritization*
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Survey_Templates_-_Task_Prioritization

I think this is a great approach at collecting information from users.

I just have one question. I see that some products, like LibreOffice,
are only listed in one category, though they do have complete suites --
spreadsheet, etc. Was there any particular reason for this?

I'm not suggesting your change this. I'm just wondering why this was done.

> These questions, along with others, will be included in re-usable question
> packages that can be deployed in LimeSurvey, our new survey tooling. I will
> send out a note on the LimeSurvey effort soon.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

MzK

"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back
  doesn't mean the circus has left town."
                     -- George Carlin