incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Call for comments: Webpage for Listing OpenOffice Consultants
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:39:32 GMT
One specific comment:

On 9/27/2012 5:02 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
...snip...
> My solution was to ask the NLCs for assistance here and to place a
> rule regarding advertising. The rule I drafted was never formally
> enacted but a compromise was put into effect and came down to no ads.
> I had argued for ads but distinguished from the site proper, and that
> location was, when in the OOo domain, at the support page,
> support.openoffice.
...snip...

We do not host third party advertisements on any *.apache.org domain.  I
don't personally see that changing for openoffice.org.

The ASF's mission is to provide software for the public good, so hosting
"advertisements" is not something we do.

We do recognize the importance of the ecosystem, in that a healthy (and
often commercial) group of organizations using our software will tend to
bring more contributors to our projects.  So it is a good thing to host
a factual "Organizations providing AOO related services" or such page -
which it sounds like you have a great start on rebooting here.

- Shane