incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC Chair
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 21:42:49 GMT
Moving right along...

I'd like to restart the discussion over choosing a PMC Chair.  The
previous proposed process was discussed in:
http://markmail.org/message/mrgnjtiuum5bovjd
I'd like to take up where that left off.

Here is the process (with minor modifications) from the original:

    You can read about the duties of a PMC Chair here:
    http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair

    1) Nominations would be open for 72 hours.  Anyone can nominate
    someone for the role.  Self-nominations are fine.  And of course
    nominations can be declined.

    2) If there is only one nomination, then we are done, provided there
    are no sustained objections.

    3) If there is more than one nomination we discuss on the list for
    another 72 hours.  Discussion would primarily be on ooo-dev, but some
    subjects might be directed to ooo-private.

    4) If after 72-hours discussion there are still two or more nominees
    then we vote.  Everyone would be welcome to vote, but binding votes
    would be from PPMC members.  If there are more than 2 candidates,
    there will be a run-off vote between the top two nominees if none of
    the nominees receive an outright majority.

(note: the last item was changed from the original - nothing more
complicated than a two way run-off is needed, as it is unlikely we have
more than two nominees.)
I think this process is straight forward enough that we should just
begin the process now.

Andrew