incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] maybe time for a home page facelift?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:36:08 GMT

On 09/27/2012 10:31 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 09/25/2012 03:47 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 25, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>>>
>>>   Should we have a webdev list?
>>>>

>>> We discussed using the tags [WWW] last year.

>>> Generally everything should be here.

>>> Perhaps we should setup an area in ooo-site where we can have a
>>> design contest. Let me think about how to do that technically using
>>> the CMS.
>>>
>>> Kay - you should continue to with whatever efforts you have in mind
>>> with the main page. What I am thinking about is redesigning the
>>> headers and footers.
>>>

>> oh -- OK
>>
>> I need to get back into more extensive learning with the CMS too. :/
>>

>> Right now, I have some recent mods in
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/test/
>>
>> to deal with the horizontal scrolling and trying to put "constant" items
>> we have in the right side area into permanent areas in the left hand column.
>>
>> We can continue to use this area -- test. I would request that since I am
>> working on "index.html" which I hope to finish up and put into production
>> soon, that new designs be given some different name, along with alternative
>> names for the basic style sheets.
>>
>> [ In this regard, PLEASE HELP fix the styling on my links under the social
>> area. I can not get this line to "move over" to align with the one above
>> AND keep this coloring for the links. Desperately in need of a CSS guru! ]
>

> I think the fact that you are no longer using a <p> tag is what makes it

Well...all I can tell you is I used many many many permutations
yesterday trying to get this do what I wanted it to. :) to no use...

I confess I am quite behind in my CSS and  at this point.

I will try to do some quick catch up in this regard, and maybe some
rather large edits are needed to do something as simple as i'd like.