incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: build svtools and sw with debug
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:16:19 GMT
Hi,

On 27.09.2012 16:11, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Pedro, *
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 08:47:31AM -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Please note that many people did Windows (and linux and MacOSX)
>> builds just fine with the new boost. There was a problem similar to the
>> one recently reported that was fixed by orw@ but, from what we
>> discussed, there was no need to revert the boost update (and yes, I
>> did offer to revert it then).
>
> The solution provided by Oliver removed the header, and the use of the
> boost smart pointer with it, it helped to go on with the build, just
> like Armin's solution; but the build still breaks in sw in a PRO build
> with DEBUG=yes. So the problem is still there, and started
> coincidentally with boost update. It looks like the only way to know if
> this was a coincide, or the root cause, is to revert in a local build
> the boost update, build a PRO version, and see if building with
> debugging symbols sw breaks or not.

I can confirm that an PRO build (_not_ using configure option --enable-dbgutil)
with DEBUG=yes breaks in module sw.
To fix this build breaker you need to add link library stl into library swd - a
similar change as the one which Armin made in module svtools.

I NON-PRO build (using configure option --enable-dbgutil) without DEBUG works fine.

I had just started a NON-PRO build with DEBUG=yes - I will provide the build
results later.

Best regards, Oliver.