incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 3.5, 4.0, fixpack, milestone build...
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:48:33 GMT

On 9/24/2012 4:47 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 9/24/12 8:01 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 23/09/2012 Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>>> 3. Deliver milestone builds to harvest our development fruits. A
>>> milestone
>>> build is:
>>>        (a) a development snapshot that contains the features/enhancements
>>> that implemented till now;
>>>        (b) passed regression test to ensure no severe defects;
>>>        (c) announced on a development wiki;
>>>        (d) with documents on the wiki for the list of features and bug
>>> fixes
>>> in this milestone build (like a release notes).
>> Milestone builds are a good idea: they would not be the same as the
>> daily snapshots (which by the way are not yet available for all
>> platforms). I would add:
>>
>> (e) available in all official supported languages, at least as langpack;
>>
>> and make the builds available on a monthly basis, so they can be easily
>> identified and we can engage QA testers more effectively. This, of
>> course, unless people who provide the builds find it too time-consuming
>> to upload a build per month.
> milestone builds are not only a good idea, they are overdue. We had
> already agreed on milestones builds some weeks before and we lost focus
> on this a little bit with other things :-(
>
> I would suggest that we start this week with the first snapshot builds
> and ideally based on a revision that our build bots have build
> successful. Unfortunately I see only the 64 bit Linux build bot
> reporting a successful build. We should analyzing these problems first.
>
> Based on this I would suggest that we do official snapshots every 2 or 4
> weeks besides our nightly build bot builds that can be used for testing
> as well. Probably a 4 weeks cycle is good to report in more detail what
> the snapshot contains and to focus more testing on it.
I would like to set up snapshot builds on the buildbots (in addition to
the nightly builds)
It is easy to build a branch, but I'm not sure how to build a specific
selected version (automatically each week...)
How could we have the buildbots build the 'official snapshots'?
A.

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group