incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some stats and observations on OpenOffice upgrades
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 06:28:17 GMT
Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> In any case, when we do a user survey it might be good to put in some
>> questions targeting OOo 3.3.0 users who have not upgraded.  I've heard
>> suggestions in this thread that Base quality might be an issue.
>> Another might be language support, since OOo 3.3.0 supported many more
>> languages than AOO 3.4.1 does.
>
> What about crafting a short survey - 5 questions or so - and send it out?

It's a good idea. But remember that we control the URLs people connect
to when upgrading, so we could actually route the users who start the
upgrade process to one or two questions (a polite form of "Where did you
get your current copy of OpenOffice?" / "Why didn't you upgrade
earlier?") before proceeding with the actual download from the
SourceForge mirrors.

And this could be done already now, even though we would possibly need
to place the survey (or at least the script collecting the answers) on a
different server since the current environment might not allow it.

Regards,
   Andrea.