incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux32-nightly
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:39:48 GMT
Hi,

On 26.09.2012 13:58, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Oliver, *
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 09:59:15AM +0200, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the linux32 buildbot got a failure on downloading the jpeg tarball.
>>
>> I will - for testing purpose - change the primary download URL in
>> order to somehow limit the search for the failure cause.
>
> The root cause of this seems to be on an error loading Perl libraries:
> http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly/builds/261/steps/compile_2/logs/stdio
>
> ** GET http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v8d.tar.gz ==> /usr/bin/perl:
> symbol lookup error:
> /home/buildslave20/perl5/lib/perl5/i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so:
> undefined symbol: Perl_Istack_sp_ptr
>
> And the Win build bot is failing due to missing msvcr100.dll
> http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/321/steps/shell_2/logs/stdio
>
> I started reading where to subscribe to ask for help, or offer "help"
> (at least investigating), I'm not sure if committers have access to
> the build bot, or requests have to be done via bug reports, or mailing
> list, or IRC. The documentation at http://ci.apache.org/ is not very
> clear:
>
> There is a mailing list setup to handle everything build related for all
> of the build service platforms mentioned above. Those involved with
> projects are encouraged to sign up.

> Archives
>
> There are admins from all above services signed up to the list and where
> applicable to them - and in their own volunteer time, will help with
> your queries.

I think the current situation is that all our requests regarding buildbots go
through Andrew Rist. Andrew is doing a great job here, but it looks like that
the effort is too much for one person.
I am not very experienced in this stuff and I hope somebody else can join Andrew
in order to share the effort.

As a committer you have access to the buildbot configuration. You can find it at
[1].

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/openofficeorg.conf

Best regards, Oliver.