incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] Proposed Initial PMC List and process
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:35:01 GMT
Andrew Rist wrote:
> * The list is made up of the names that received more than 3
> nominations. This was a spot in the data that had a step. This
> produces a list of 23 names which is 'no too big, and not too small'.

I had a look at numbers just to put this in context and:
- The proposed 23 names would cover 90.47% (180/210) of the total
nominations expressed by voters.
- With the proposed list, everyone who voted would see at least 7 of
their 10 nominees in the PMC.

These numbers of course don't take into account several factors, but
they may give a rough idea. Anyone can easily compute the same numbers
for any possible list by using the ODS file.

Note that
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/pmc/pmc-selection/PMCNominations.ods
is missing a nomination (RGB nominated kschenk too): I noticed it while
calculating the above statistics, so I considered it in my calculations
but I didn't fix it in SVN.

Regards,
   Andrea.