incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Apache OpenOffice (incubating) - fund allocation for ACEU 2012
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:37:37 GMT
Hi Chris,

nice ping-pong communication :-)

On 25.09.2012 17:09, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Hey Oliver,
>
> On Sep 25, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> again Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Same to you! Comments below:
>
>>> [..snip..]
>>> Well I think the point is that I need something to appear in Bills/received/
in order to pay something. So, IOW, RE:
>>> travel grants and so forth, we can offer to use our money to reimburse things
like airfare, or hotel, or, we probably
>>> can figure out a way to simply send $$$ to someone, but we'd need payment information
for them somehow that
>>> would probably best fit into the workflow to show up in ./Bills/received (even
if it's not a bill, and simply a "request
>>> to pay"). That way the President can review it, approve it, and then I or Sam
Ruby (Asst Treasurer) can pay it.

>>> Make sense?
>>
>> I am somehow believing that I know how the spending is working and what are the preconditions
and the needs. But I am not 100% sure.
the person to provide corresponding payment information to Treasurer@ list.
>> Treasurer@ list can receive confirmation from ooo-dev that the person's application
has been accepted for amount 300 EUR or 600 EUR. Thus, an entry into the "received" folder
can be created.

> Sounds right.
>
>> On the ApacheCon EU 2012 the person comes to a Treasurer@ or selected ooo-dev representative
to confirm that she/he is attending and that she/he has spent certain travel expenses. Treasurer@
or selected ooo-dev rep. can then approve the payment --> formerly created entry is moved
from "received" folder to "approved" folder.

may want to add a CC to president@ and operations@ to keep
> them in the loop in addition to sending to treasurer@.
>

>> The Treasurer@ pays the 300 EUR resp. 600 EUR according to the payment information
--> entry is moved from "approved" to "paid".
>> </my idea>
>
> Yep that works.
>

>> Is something like this or similar working?
>
> You got it!
>
>> As far as I understood we need the following:
>> - an accepted application ("full name" and "amount" from the granting process) and
payment information for an entry in "received".
>> - confirmation that travel expenses are spent for ApacheCon EU 2012 to get the entry
into "approved".

>> Do I have the correct understanding?
>>

> Yep! Thanks for the concrete description.

great.

Something which is not urgent and can be clarified later. It would be great to
have it at hand when the accepted application notifications are sent out:
What kind of data for which payment type is needed?

Thanks and best regards, Oliver.