incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Apache OpenOffice (incubating) - fund allocation for ACEU 2012
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:02:24 GMT
Hi Chris,

again Thanks for your feedback.

On 25.09.2012 16:18, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Thanks! Comments below:
>
> On Sep 25, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>
>> [..snip...]

>>> Regarding the above, I'd say come up with a process that is documented, you guys
decide how
>>> you want to spend it, come up with a Bill or someone to pay, provide that information
>>> to the Treasurer@ list (me and Sam) and we'll move forward with the approval
process.

>>> Right now, our bills are paid by having someone with the appropriate karma put
a file in:

>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/financials/Bills/received/
>>>
>>> Then, they are reviewed by someone with the appropriate budget authority (e.g.,
in Travel I
>>> believe that's Jim since he's the President) and then placed in:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/financials/Bills/approved/
>>>
>>> At that point, the Treasurer's office can pay the bill (via wire transfer; electronic
funds deposit, etc.)
>>> provided that all the information is given to address the payee, and then once
we pay, we
>>> move the bill into:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/financials/Bills/paid/
>>
>> I do not think that we will real bills that need to be paid as the granted travel
expense subsidy will in general cover only a part of the overall travel expenses.
confirmation note to the Treasurer@ list?

> Well I think the point is that I need something to appear in Bills/received/ in order
to pay something. So, IOW, RE:
> travel grants and so forth, we can offer to use our money to reimburse things like airfare,
or hotel, or, we probably
> can figure out a way to simply send $$$ to someone, but we'd need payment information
for them somehow that
> would probably best fit into the workflow to show up in ./Bills/received (even if it's
not a bill, and simply a "request
> to pay"). That way the President can review it, approve it, and then I or Sam Ruby (Asst
Treasurer) can pay it.

> Make sense?

I am somehow believing that I know how the spending is working and what are the
preconditions and the needs. But I am not 100% sure.
Thus, let me allow to present my concrete idea, which I have in mind:
<my idea>
When a certain travel expense subsidy application has been accepted, we will ask
the person to provide corresponding payment information to Treasurer@ list.
Treasurer@ list can receive confirmation from ooo-dev that the person's
application has been accepted for amount 300 EUR or 600 EUR. Thus, an entry into
the "received" folder can be created.
On the ApacheCon EU 2012 the person comes to a Treasurer@ or selected ooo-dev
representative to confirm that she/he is attending and that she/he has spent
certain travel expenses. Treasurer@ or selected ooo-dev rep. can then approve
the payment --> formerly created entry is moved from "received" folder to
"approved" folder.
The Treasurer@ pays the 300 EUR resp. 600 EUR according to the payment
information --> entry is moved from "approved" to "paid".
</my idea>

Is something like this or similar working?
As far as I understood we need the following:
- an accepted application ("full name" and "amount" from the granting process)
and payment information for an entry in "received".
- confirmation that travel expenses are spent for ApacheCon EU 2012 to get the
entry into "approved".

Do I have the correct understanding?

Best regards, Oliver.