incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 05:15:11 GMT
    I feel honored to be listed.  I would like to help PMC if there is a

    In any case, I suggest at least one female should be included in the
PMC, to encourage the contribution of females in the community and bring
diverse voices in PMC.  It is very important to encourage more and more
female contributors to join the community, and make them feel that
OpenOffice is theirs', not of some male geeks.

    I also suggest to include Asians.  From the past experience of, the main problem of the Asian community is that we are
not included in the project.  The problem of Asian text processing is
very different than that of Latin text.  It was very difficult for many
most important Asian problems to be heard by non-Asian people.  It shall
change and make a significant difference when Asians are included in PMC.

On 2012/09/25 06:31, Andrea Pescetti said:
> On 24/09/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 9/24/12 10:26 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> Just to confirm that I have received no offline nominations.
>> thanks for this info, it shows that the approach was not so wrong and we
>> had no real need for this additional option.
> It's still good to have had this option, so we are sure that everybody
> who wanted to participate in the process had the opportunity to do so.
> And it's even better that in the end everybody decided to make their
> nomination in public.
>> I am looking forward to Andrew's summary and from my perspective we
>> should already start thinking what will be next?
> Before moving on with all the steps you listed (and I agree with all of
> them) we will need to actually see the summary and derive the potential
> PMC from there. So far I've seen opinions ranging from including only
> the 10 most popular nominees to including everybody who received at
> least one nomination. Probably the best solution is somewhere in
> between, but once we have the summary the situation will probably be
> clearer.
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Best regards,