incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:31:20 GMT
On 24/09/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 9/24/12 10:26 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Just to confirm that I have received no offline nominations.
>
> thanks for this info, it shows that the approach was not so wrong and we
> had no real need for this additional option.

It's still good to have had this option, so we are sure that everybody
who wanted to participate in the process had the opportunity to do so.
And it's even better that in the end everybody decided to make their
nomination in public.

> I am looking forward to Andrew's summary and from my perspective we
> should already start thinking what will be next?

Before moving on with all the steps you listed (and I agree with all of
them) we will need to actually see the summary and derive the potential
PMC from there. So far I've seen opinions ranging from including only
the 10 most popular nominees to including everybody who received at
least one nomination. Probably the best solution is somewhere in
between, but once we have the summary the situation will probably be
clearer.

Regards,
   Andrea.