incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cancel Request for lazy Consensus. Was Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:57:28 GMT

On 09/23/2012 03:13 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Based on much feedback it appears that my enthusiasm got a little wild
> and that re Reguest for lazy consensus was not the right approach.

Well I'm not sure I would say this...but...

  Given
> that I hereby Rescind the Request or Lazy Consensus on the documentation
> and will proceed to JFDI.

Great! I'm sure I speak for quite a few here that we're happy you have
taken this lead and look forward to the results of the efforts of
ODFAuthors on the 3.4.x documentation.

  For any that are interested in helping with
> this effort more information on working at ODFAuthors can be obtained at
> there website: http://www.odfauthors.org/
>
> This will close this thread. Hopefully there will be more as the eort
> progresses. Tank you all for your patience with my inexperience and your
> guidance. It is truly appreciated.

Thanks again for taking the lead on resuming this effort. I think we'll
be pleased to link this in when it's complete.

> Regards
> Keith
>

> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>>> Greetings All;
>>>
>>> In order to stimulate some discussion on user documentation I have added
>>> the hollowing page to the User Documentation Plan on the Plannig Wiki:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/User+Guides+Revisted.
>>>

>>> It offers 3 scenarios or the creation of the docs. I believe that we can
>>> no longer put this issue aside.
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the page and feel free to comment there and on
>>> this
>>> list. Also feel free to add to or change any content there.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith N. McKenna
>>>

>> Based on the discussion in this thread and on the wiki page it appears
>> for the short term that Scenario 2 is the best way to go. At this point
>> I would like to ask for lazy consensus to use ODFAuthors site and the
>> 3.4 documents already there to create and publish updated documentation.
>> I will leave this open until 2012-09-26 at 05:45 UTC.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith N. McKenna

MzK

"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back
  doesn't mean the circus has left town."
                     -- George Carlin