incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Developer Room (devroom) at FOSDEM
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:59:38 GMT
On 9/24/12 1:20 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> FOSDEM, one of the biggest Free and Open Source Software events in
> Europe, is coming again on 2-3 February 2013 in Brussels.
>
> Attendance is free and, moreover, "Developer Rooms" can be made
> available upon request, but they must be requested before the end of
> September. See https://fosdem.org/2013/call_for_devrooms.html
>
> I'm available to draft the application for an OpenOffice devroom and
> post it here on ooo-dev for lazy consensus, unless:
> - Someone has already done it (just let us know)
> - Apache manages applications in a centralized way
> - No OpenOffice developers can attend (I would appreciate to know that
> we will have some full-time developers there)
> - People believe it is useless (but FOSDEM is a big event and we
> shouldn't miss it, since by February we will probably have graduated and
> version 3.5 could be approaching release).

OpenOffice was there present for many years and it can be of course an
opportunity to reach out to other open source developers there.

Depending on the feedback of the organizers I can also think about a
joined devroom with the LibreOffice folks. Space for devrooms is limited
and I can of course think about a joined effort here. I am at least open
for this if wanted.

I will support any activities and will probably join the conference.
FOSDEM is a nice event and it makes always fun to meet so many open
source freaks. I can only recommend it from this perspective and it is
always on a weekend.

Juergen