incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] granting processes for fund allocation for ACEU 2012
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:01:20 GMT
Hi,

I would like to discuss how the grainting processes for fund allocation for
ApacheCon EU (ACEU) 2012 could work.
Two processes are needed. One for granting travel expense subsidy and one for
ticket discount for non-committers of the OpenOffice community.

The goal is to reach (lazy) consensus on the granting processes in the next 72
hours.

Here are my ideas regarding such processes:
(1) ticket discount for non-committers:
- 30 x 100 EUR ticket discount for non-committers can be granted.

- To apply for the ticket discount people should send post to ooo-private. The
details should be:
-- subject = [ACEU 2012 - ticket discount] <Name>
-- content:
--- full name
--- email address
--- affiliation to the OpenOffice community (something like: "user",
"contributing X", "translator", ...)
--- description why applying for the ticket discount and why support is needed.
--- job or eduation status (something like: "student", "employee",
"freeflancer", ...)

- Announce on our mailing lists and in our forum that application process is
open until <ending date> - <announcement date> should be at least 7 days ahead

of the <ending date>.

- The small group of volunteers collect the applications. The group selects not
more than 30 and post the decision details on ooo-private. The selection process
should not take more than 2 days.
The selection shall be based on the given description and the job/eduation status.

- Send out corresponding notifications and details how to get the ticket discount.

[Note: I will get in contact with ACEU 2012 planners, if it is possible to get a
promotion code for our ticket discount.]
[Another note: I will get in contact with treasurer@apache.org to assure ASF's
charity status and clarify the actual spending of the money]

(2) travel expense subsidy for OpenOffice community members:
- 10 x 300 resp. 600 EUR travel expense subsidy can be granted.

- To apply for the travel expense subsidy people should send a post to
ooo-private. The details should be:
-- subject = [ACEU 2012 - travel subsidy] <Name>
-- content:
--- full name
--- email address
--- affiliation to the OpenOffice community (something like: "committer",
"user", "contributing X", "translator", ...)
--- Apache ID (if available)
--- accepted or stand-by speaker at ACEU?
--- description why applying for the travel expense subsidy and why support is
needed.
--- job or eduation status (something like: "student", "employee", "freelancer",
...)
--- estimated travel expense
--- estimated needed accommodation - # of nights
--- other available funding (something like: "corporate", "ACEU - TAC", ...)
--- applying for 300 EUR or 600 EUR?

- Announce on our mailing lists and in our forum that application process is
open until <ending date> - <announcement date> should be at least 7 days ahead

of the <ending date>.

- The small group of volunteers collect the applications. The group selects not
more than 10 and post the decision details on ooo-private. The selection process
should not take more than 3 days.
The selection should consider the following:
-- Application shall hold the following conditions, otherwise it is invalid
--- no corporate funding and no TAC funding
--- travel expense must be at least 300 EUR
--- accommodation needed for at least 2 nights
-- The selection shall be based on the given description and the job/eduation
status.
-- Applications are selected in the following order:
--- invited (accepted or stand-by) speakers
--- committers
--- non-committers

- Send out corresponding notifications and details how to get the ticket discount.

[Note: I will get in contact with treasurer@apache.org to assure ASF's charity
status and clarify the actual spending of the money.]

Please provide your input.

Best regards, Oliver.