incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Fund Allocation for ApacheCon EU 2012, Germany in Nov. 2012
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:05:16 GMT
Hi,

> I have learned that the following discussion/proposal should to be on ooo-dev
> instead of ooo-private.
>
> A summary for the background:
> AOO has some money from the pre-Apache time (the SPI fund) which we (AOO
> community) can spend for our project. There was a discussion on ooo-private to
> use some of this money for the ApacheCon EU 2012, Germany in Nov. 2012.
> A small discussion took place and more or less ended in the below proposal which
> I had made:
>
> Here is my proposal for fund allocation for ApacheCon EU 2012, Germany in Nov.
> 2012; more or less a summary of the former discussion of this topic.
>
> - 10 x 300 EUR flat subsidies for travel expenses; double the subsidy for cases
> of hardship, e.g. persons who need to take a long flight.
> -- criteria for granting subsidy:
> (a) preference order: invited speakers, committers, non-committers
> (b) person lacks of corporate funding and TAC funding
> (c) person needs to spend at least 300 EUR on travel
> (d) person need accommodation for at least 2 nights
>
> - 30 x 100 EUR ticket discount for non-committers
> -- criteria for granting discount:
> (a) person lacks of corporate funding and TAC funding
>
> A small group of volunteers are needed to drive the granting process:
> - define application form and deadlines
> - run the application process
> - accept/reject the applications
>
> I am volunteering to be part of this small group.
> Who else is joining?
>
> If nobody objects in the next 72 hours, I will put the proposal into practice.

No objections are raised in the last days.
I will work on its realization.

We need a small group for the granting process.
Currently we have:
- Peter Junge
- Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

Who else want to join?
 From my point of view there should be at least 3 or 5 people.

I will start a corresponding thread to discuss the granting process. But do not
wait for it, if you already have thoughts/ideas/... about it.

Best regards, Oliver.