incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <>
Subject Re: Open Office Web Developer Tool
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:47:01 GMT
NOTE: The original message was moderated. The author will likely not
receive the replies.

On 9/24/2012 3:07 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Hi
> This is not a general answare, it's my personal option only. First of
> all, I'm happy, that you like Apache OpenOffice. Thanks for using it,
> and thanks for your feedback.
> Now about the Web Development Tool. For my point of view a clear no.
> First, it's not realy the task of a Office Suite to create webpages. 2.
> There are other tools who are only focused on this. For Exemple
> BlueGriffon (Open Source) or Dreamweaver (Proprietary). 3. Only a verry
> small Userbase from the over all user base will use it. You need to
> know, this is not a easy feature. A compleet WYSIWYG Web Editor is a
> very complex programm, and compleet defferent from a Office Suite. This
> means, that we have to add a load of new code wich makes our software
> fat. This can not be our goal.
> To make a good program, you have to concentrate on one area. With a
> Office Suite we have allready a bit area. So I see no reason, why we
> should extend it. As said, this is my personal Option. Other people
> probabily have different points of views.
> Greetings Raphael
> Am 23.09.12 18:34, schrieb D Wiemers:
>> Hello,
>>       My name is Daniel Wiemers. I have been using Open office for the last 6 months,
and I love it! I wanted to tell you how much I like it, and thank you for the time and effort
you have devoted in developing it.
>>       Have you ever thought to make a web development tool like Microsoft Front Page?
I think it would be a wonderful addition to Open Office, and many people would find it very
useful as Front Page seems to have been left unfinished, convoluted, confusing, and frustrating.
I think a lot of people would like to make basic web pages, maybe with some buttons, a background,
videos, java, stuff like that, and I have found that finding good web development tools, even
if you are willing to pay a lot of money for them, is not easy. I really like Open Office,
and I find it easy to use and easy to learn. I think Open Office would be a great company
to make a shareware web development tool, that is easy to use and easy to learn.
>> Thank you,
>> -Daniel

View raw message