incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 3.5, 4.0, fixpack, milestone build...
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 06:01:23 GMT
On 23/09/2012 Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> 3. Deliver milestone builds to harvest our development fruits. A milestone
> build is:
>       (a) a development snapshot that contains the features/enhancements
> that implemented till now;
>       (b) passed regression test to ensure no severe defects;
>       (c) announced on a development wiki;
>       (d) with documents on the wiki for the list of features and bug fixes
> in this milestone build (like a release notes).

Milestone builds are a good idea: they would not be the same as the
daily snapshots (which by the way are not yet available for all
platforms). I would add:

(e) available in all official supported languages, at least as langpack;

and make the builds available on a monthly basis, so they can be easily
identified and we can engage QA testers more effectively. This, of
course, unless people who provide the builds find it too time-consuming
to upload a build per month.

Regards,
   Andrea.