incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][Linux]Drop distro specific RPMs
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:16:23 GMT

On 09/22/2012 02:39 PM, RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/9/21 RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com>
>

>> Another user with no problems on Fedora 17, 64 bits (on a virtual
>> machine). So we have openSUSE, a derivative from mandriva (PCLinuxOS) and
>> fedora.
>>

> And now, mageia2 ;)
>

>> Regards
>> Ricardo

Good! One more thing. I just downloaded the "deb" packaging, and note
that the ONLY desktop install there is for debian, no freedesktop. :/

Folks downloading the "deb" packaging would therefore not see this
option.  Debian (and its derivatives) support a variety of graphical
environments, and the freedesktop option would probably work fine, but
they won't be using RPM. Our next step might be to investigate the
creation scripts and see if we can build a "deb" package for the
freedesktop option for installation testing. I would love to have my
Linux Mint buddy test this out. :)

MzK

"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back
  doesn't mean the circus has left town."
                     -- George Carlin