incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:43:36 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> So I suppose what is being asked for is consensus that there will
> not, at this time, be any separate effort inside of the Apache
> OpenOffice project and the project will look to relying on the
> ODFAuthors site for emergence of updated User Guides.

Exactly, this is how I understand it too. And I agree this is the best
choice for the 3.x releases.

Of course ODFAuthors is external to the Apache project so we have no
licensing constraints, but it might make sense to contribute new
materials under AL2 + GPL3 + CCBY3, so that if we write new chapters and
we want to reuse them for the Online Help or for new materials like the
ones proposed by RGB, we can do it effortlessly. This might require a
better tracking of new chapters that get added, but I don't expect
ODFAuthors to make difficulties with this.

Regards,
   Andrea.