incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][Linux]Drop distro specific RPMs
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:50:11 GMT

On 09/20/2012 05:15 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> On 9/20/12, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> OK, I finally did this. I uninstalled the opensuse menu setup and just
>>> installed the freedestop.org rpm. Everything is working. But I too am on
>>> opensuse. It would be great to have folks from other distros test this
>>> out.
>>>

>> I'm trying to gather some feedback from forum people. Let's see what
>> happens on a couple of days.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ricardo
>>
> you can see the code here:
> http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/Current%20(trunk)/sysui/desktop/

Thanks for providing this link...

A slight edit to my results. Only my personal account was a bit off
after installation, probably due to some changes I had made previously
to get the icons to show up correctly. My "guest" account was set up
perfectly after the freedesktop.org installation.

I spent some time this am looking into the freedesktop.org site in terms
of what it does, what it is trying to accomplish etc. It certainly would
be great if we could go this way. I look forward to hearing about
others's experiences.

> Browsing through the spec, they look quite different process through a
> vimdiff including some icon definition, and scripts present on a
> script.
> http://pastebin.mozilla.org/?diff=1832891

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"