incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 04:22:24 GMT
On 9/20/2012 11:13 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12-09-19, at 22:05 , Yong Lin Ma <mayongl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Louis,
>> You are on the list. So to Ian. You may understand the process.  There
>> will be far more ten
>> on the final PMC roster.   This is a chance to give others credits,
>> especially those not been mentioned on any lists yet.
>
> As you have no doubt gathered from my subsequent posts, that's not the issue. I mean
my being on the list or not. The issue is the display of the list and its management and how
it is presented to naive viewers, or even non-naive. I have no particular interest in serving
but do believe, as I wrote, that certain areas do need to be served. This is not about ego.

> The structure of this discussion has already ensnared a few. I would rather, as I mentioned,
use a wiki. I'll get to that when I have time tomorrow.

Andrew's proposal is likely only a first step towards forming a PMC,
there will be a discussion going on afterwards. Your idea with the wiki
is certainly an excellent way to visualize the results of the ongoing
proposal and further elaborate. But I think we shouldn't interrupt the
current process now that it's running quite decent.

Peter

> Thanks
> Louis
>

>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I would agree with Peter's list but would ask that Ian Lynch be considered. Here's
why: Whom do we have speaking on behalf of education and ecosystem development? As I'm not
on this list—and I'm not suggesting I ought to be—I think that someone like Ian, who's
work is so involved with OO and has been—would provide good insight into how what is done
at Apache OO affects the ecosystem as a whole.