incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <>
Subject Re: [QA] Quality of bug reports and QA in bugzilla
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 04:12:35 GMT
On 19.09.2012 20:34, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 02:24:11PM +0200, Oliver Brinzing wrote:
>> Hi Regina,
>>> Your own new issue should be UNCONFIRMED. Someone else should confirm
>>> your issue, if possible on a different operating system.
>> i am pretty sure that i did not set the "confirmed" status when submitting a new
>> default status is "confirmed" - and you have to select "Show Advanced Fields"
>> to see the listbox ... this seems to be the root cause of the problem ...
> I agree with Oliver, the default status should be set to UNCONFIRMED
> even if the reporter has canconfirm privileges. IMHO "confirmed" means
> "confirmed by some else".

Seeing so much consensus I'm confident that we'll reach "lazy consensus"
by next monday (2012/9/19 + 72h) and I volunteer to change the behavior

So please speak up now if you disagree with the opinion that the extra
step to the "confirmed" status is an idea that does benefit the quality
of our project.

View raw message