incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:45:44 GMT
RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/9/19 Dennis E. Hamilton
>> I recommend that the process continue.  My only objection is that having
>> secret nominations is not compatible with the Apache Way ...
>> I recommend that no one accept nominations privately and that those who
>> have already sent theirs via any back-channel use ooo-private

OK. The important thing is that the process can continue. It might well
be that nobody prefers to state his preferences in private (meaning:
somewhere else than ooo-dev): as I wrote, it was not a personal concern,
I just wondered if allowing it would increase participation in this
nomination phase (and at the same time I encouraged those, if any, who
preferred secret nominations/lists to speak up, and nobody did so far,
which probably means I was simply wrong and everybody is fine with
public nominations/lists).

> +1 (Even if I see no point on hiding the vote).

I was going to answer that secret ballot is a basic principle, but
indeed, now that I think about it, it might be that there is no such
thing as a "secret ballot" in the Apache way, at least for normal
operations... http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html does not
mention this possibility. Good to know. But we can come back to this at
a later stage and let the current nomination phase continue.

Regards,
   Andrea.