incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [QA] Quality of bug reports and QA in bugzilla
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:23:04 GMT
Hi Olaf,

O.Felka schrieb:

>> I agree with Oliver, the default status should be set to UNCONFIRMED
>> even if the reporter has canconfirm privileges. IMHO "confirmed" means
>> "confirmed by some else".
>>

> We have a lot of professional QA folks here: They know how to verify
> their findings and issues. That's a lot of overhead if someone has to
> re-test to confirm a well tested bug.
> So we should trust the QA who has 'canconfirm' privileges.

If bug reports were really in a good state, I would not see a problem in
starting in confirmed status. That has worked for a lot of years. But
the problem is, that in recent weeks I have come across many bug
reports, which started in confirmed status but are invalid or duplicate.
Therefor my appeal, to be more careful.

Kind regards
Regina