incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Fund Allocation for ApacheCon EU 2012, Germany in Nov. 2012
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:43:42 GMT
Hi,

On 19.09.2012 14:25, Ross Gardler wrote:
>  From the ASF perspective the proposal below is good to go. We do need to
> ensure the decision making process is documented and recorded.

Thanks for the feedback.
As the ApacheCon EU 2012 is not far away, I will make up my mind already about a
detailed decision making process. I will provide my thoughts as an refinement of
the made proposal.

> We also need to ensure we work with the treasurer to get the money to
> individuals.

Yes.

Regarding subsidies for travel expenses things could become complicated.
I would like to see something simple like:
People who are selected to receive such subsidy pay in advance on their own. On
the ACEU 2012 they can confirm to the treasurer or a corresponding
representative that they are attending and have had corresponding travel
expenses. Afterwards the treasurer would initiate a bank transfer.

For the ticket discount I hope the ApacheCon ticket service could provide us an
additional discount code which we could share with the people that are accepted
for such a discount.

Best regards, Oliver.