incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:00:20 GMT
(top posting after private messages - I cannot describe the shame I
feel...  ;-)

I have an option that I believe will handle Andrea's concerns.  I have
spoken with Ross and he is amenable to receiving Proposed PMC entries
off list.
If anyone is concerned about sending their list to ooo-dev, you can send
it to Ross ( rgardler at apache) instead, and at the end of the period
(next Sunday), he will send an anonymized summary of the votes he has
received, along with a breakdown of submissions by committers/PPMC vs
other community members.

We have received lists from 10 people and have 25 nominees with multiple
votes.  It would be great to get even more feedback.

On 9/18/2012 1:17 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 17/09/2012 Andrew Rist wrote:
>> * This is not a vote. This is a search for consensus. Please no '-1'
>> replies. Let's see what this process produces, and then discuss
>> from there.
> It seems that the process is working quite well, and that we are on
> the right way to bootstrap a PMC by consensus.
> I surely don't want to block the current process, but I wonder if
> allowing people to "vote" (actually, express preferences) anonymously
> would be better for some volunteers/cultures. Our mentors have often
> stated that we have secure voting solutions available, but maybe this
> is overkill and time-consuming, and it would be enough to allow people
> to send their lists to a mentor (if available), who would repost them
> here.
> It is not an issue that I feel personally: it's OK for me to continue
> with public messages on ooo-dev. But it could be that others have
> problems, and in that case I'd encourage them to speak up so that we
> can find a way to ensure that everyone can express their opinions.
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

View raw message