incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:17:00 GMT
On 17/09/2012 Andrew Rist wrote:
> * This is not a vote. This is a search for consensus. Please no '-1'
> replies. Let's see what this process produces, and then discuss
> from there.

It seems that the process is working quite well, and that we are on the
right way to bootstrap a PMC by consensus.

I surely don't want to block the current process, but I wonder if
allowing people to "vote" (actually, express preferences) anonymously
would be better for some volunteers/cultures. Our mentors have often
stated that we have secure voting solutions available, but maybe this is
overkill and time-consuming, and it would be enough to allow people to
send their lists to a mentor (if available), who would repost them here.

It is not an issue that I feel personally: it's OK for me to continue
with public messages on ooo-dev. But it could be that others have
problems, and in that case I'd encourage them to speak up so that we can
find a way to ensure that everyone can express their opinions.

Regards,
   Andrea.