incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION] is the "contribute" information still valid
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:34:25 GMT

On 09/18/2012 04:26 AM, TJ Frazier wrote:
> On 9/17/2012 18:22, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Just a quick question since we're discussing documentation lately.
>>
>> I'm looking at:
>>
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Contribute
>>
>> Are we still OK with this information?
>>
>> (from navigation: http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/ ->
>> contributing link)
>>
>> I will be making a few changes to fix some broken links etc and just
>> thought I'd ask
>>

> Hi, Kay,
>
> AFAIK, the info there is mostly valid. There are some product names to
> be changed a little; I would have done that, but maybe you work like I
> do: having some little stuff to fix helps me to concentrate on the rest
> of the text.
>
> There are some things, like the lack of mentoring, which I wish weren't
> valid, but fixing those is a much bigger problem.
>
> HTH,
> /tj/

TJ--

Thanks for the feedback. I also see that using the wiki to contribute
isn't really mentioned except for the Developer Guides. So...I will
probably add something about that. Also, I'm not sure about suggesting
direct contribution to Developer Guides. Maybe someone else can comment
about that.

On that section regarding "lack of mentoring", etc. Would it be better
to just delete this?

We need to all work together to maintain all these areas. Any help is
greatly appreciated to maintain information.

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"