incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DL][Website] Second draft of the new DL scripting
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:27:25 GMT

On 09/17/2012 03:35 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 09/17/2012 11:40 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>

>> On 09/17/2012 05:54 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was busy another weekend to start to implement the new structure for
>>> the DL scripting. The new webpages are accessible only here (as long as
>>> they are not published):
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/index.html
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/other.html
>>>
>>> Some notes before you start with checking out:
>>>
>>> 1.
>>> The latest consensus about the new directory structure on mirrors shows
>>> (IMHO) the following that I've used:
>>>
>>> .../<PROJECT_NAME>/<VERSION>/source/
>>> .../<PROJECT_NAME>/<VERSION>/binaries/<LANG>/
>>> .../<PROJECT_NAME>/<VERSION>/binaries/SDK/
>>>
>>> 2.
>>> Only the binaries are working for now. The checksum files are still
>>> coming form the old structure.
>>>
>>> 3.
>>> But they are no real binaries, just dummy test files with meaningful
>>> content. ;-)
>>
>> ummm...I'm getting a Not Found for my "binary"....
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~marcus/aoo/3.4.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
>>

>> Is this what's supposed to happen????
>>
>> OK, more info...the en-GB link seems to do something but not en-US...so
>> maybe just a permission thing with this one file.
>
> Have you already looked at the "analyze.html" webpage? Is there more
> shown wrong?

Oh boy...what can I say. Obviously gremlins before! Everything fine
now...it could have been a server blip or something.

The analysis was correct, and the link looked to be correct, the one
mentioned above, but I got the "404" on it.

So, all good

>> Generally, so far, so good.
>>
>> This is definitely moving along well! :)
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> Marcus
>

>>> Now happy testing.
>>>
>>> And don't forget to use the following webpage to support your error
>>> reports:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/analyze.html
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>>>
>>> Marcus

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"