incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:44:00 GMT
I was thinking that it was similar to [VOTE] and [DISCUSS][VOTE] threads
that often go on simultaneously.
I look at this as more of a poll, though, with no binding output.
A.

On 9/17/2012 1:26 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> I object to the simultaneous discuss with proposed lists at the same time there is activity
in your original thread. There is a division of attention. This is unfortunate which thread
gets a substantive response?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 17, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> This is the discussion thread - reply to the other thread with your list!
>>
>> I am opening up a thread for Proposed PMC Lists.
>>
>> * I have included below the last pass of the Active/Inactive/Retired
>>    list.  This is for reference, as nothing in that list is binding.
>> * Everyone choose up to ten names to propose for the PMC.  The final
>>    list produced by this process will be longer.
>> * When considering your list, consider diversity as well as activity,
>>    as we want the final list to cover all aspects of the project.
>> * This is not a vote. This is a search for consensus.  Please no '-1'
>>    replies.  Let's see what this process produces, and then discuss
>>    from there.
>> * All interested members of the community are welcome to provide
>>    input.  The feedback from committers will be considered more binding.
>>
>> I will leave the thread open until next Sunday (anything properly date-stamped before
the end of Sept 23 will be included).

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group