incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:20:07 GMT

On 09/15/2012 06:18 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Greetings All;
>
> In order to stimulate some discussion on user documentation I have added
> the hollowing page to the User Documentation Plan on the Plannig Wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/User+Guides+Revisted.
> It offers 3 scenarios or the creation of the docs. I believe that we can
> no longer put this issue aside.
>
> Please take a look at the page and eel free to comment there and on this
> list. Also feel free to add to or change any content there.
>
> Regards
> Keith N. McKenna

Keith,

Thanks for starting this and for the wiki doc -- it will be very
helpful. Because writing documentation (user guides, howtos, tutorials)
is a relatively easy entry point for new volunteers to help out, I've
been thinking about this as well the last few days. So, I will make some
comments on the wiki page, and probably some changes on both
www.openoffice.org/documentation area and the Documentation wiki start
page as well.

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"