incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there an Ubuntu repo for AOO?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 15:47:38 GMT

On 09/13/2012 07:46 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2012/9/13 Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Is there a repo for Ubuntu users to install AOO and get updates
>>> automatically via the system´s package manager (while at the same time
>>> blocking the LO components that cause conflicts with AOO?).
>>>
>>> should there be one?
>>>
>>> FC
>>>

>> Something like this?
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/debian/
>>
>> No idea how this repo works: I'm on the RPM land since ever.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ricardo
>>

> Thanks, that´s what I was looking for. I´m a Fedora user myself, but was
> asked about this in another Spanish speaking list of LatAm Ubuntu users...
>
> FC

Fernando --

Let us know how this worked out for the Ubuntu user. I had intended to
add this kind of information to the Linux Install area on the
Documentation wiki for Linux installs--

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3F

but got sidetracked with other things.

Well maybe I should start another thread on this so others could help
maintain this information. Hmmm...

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"