incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Helping open office
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:35:13 GMT
On 09/11/2012 05:49 PM, sean gayton wrote:

> Hi,  My name is Sean and my peer is Bianca (cc'd) and we're looking
> to help contribute to Open Office.We were hoping we could assist with
> some documentation in creating a simple user guide and installation
> guide for computer illiterate users.We were also looking into
> assisting with some marketing, like developing artwork for open
> office to use. We are both 3rd year IT students studying at the
> University of Ballarat, Australia and need to contribute to an open
> source project for a major assignment.We would love to help open
> office in anyway we can.  Thank you.  Regards,Sean Gayton and Bianca
> Kosir.

Sean, Thanks for contacting us! We can always use help with documentation.

In the past, an easy way for people to contribute to documentation
efforts has been through the Documentation project's wiki. It's easy to
apply to for an OpenOffice MediaWiki account.

So, here's the link to the main Documentation wiki area:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

You might want to take a look at "Pages that Need Help!" in the WANT TO
HELP? box, or some of the pages in the HOWTOs area that could probably
use some updating.

We look forward to seeing your contributions. Please keep us posted.

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"