incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CONFERENCE] ApacheCon Europe 2012 - track OpenOffice - status, feedback and asking for volunteers
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:56:25 GMT
On 07/09/2012 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> The little team made up their minds for some additional, more general
> events/sessions. The current list contains the following:
> - Community panel
> -- 90 (45-60) min. panel session with a couple of AOO community members
> - Birds of Feather on community building and maturing the community
> -- 90 (45-60) min.
> - UX design session
> -- 45-60 min. session on UX, form of the session is currently open
> - Dedicated time slot and room where AOO community is available for Q&A
> and discussions ...
> What is your opinion on the additional sessions?
> Do you want to have more? If yes, which one?

Since I expect several ODF experts to attend, it would be good to have
at least a "Birds of a Feather" meeting (45-60 min) to discuss the state
of ODF.

> Also very important for having such additional sessions is that we need
> volunteers who take ownership of the one or the other. ...
> Who is willing to volunteer here?

The Community Building meeting is probably important for all committers
(and not only committers), so everybody who attends the conference
should be there and equally take ownership for it. I, for one, will be
there, but I'm sure a lot of people will too. Including mentors of course.

Regards,
   Andrea.