incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netbeans integration with OpenOffice.org3.4.0
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:11:54 GMT
On 9/10/12 12:35 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on it when I have a chance.
>
> On 09/10/2012 06:06 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 9/10/12 10:30 AM, Shukla, Mangesh wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>     I am new to this forum and OpenOffice development as well.
>>> I would like to know by when the Netbeans 7.2 plugin for
>>> OpenOffice.org3.4.0, will be available.
>>> I am trying to run the SDK samples and cant' see the
>>> OpenOffice.org3.4 plugin in the Update center for Netbeans7.2. Any
>>> help on getting this will be highly appreciated.
>>
>> there is work ongoing on the plugin and probably Carl can give an update
>> about the current status. Once this update work is done we can try to
>> reach out to the NetBeans guys to make the plugin again available via
>> their update center.
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> See this page:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_NetBeans_Integration
>
> There is working alpha version linked to there.
>
> I have a newer version I can update this evening US EST.
>
> I'll post back on this thread when I've uploaded it.
>
> @Juergen
> After I've uploaded it. I thought I would tag it v3.0.0
> What is the procedure for this? Review first? lazy consensus?

I would keep the name until the work is finished and then we have to
review how we can make a release out of it. There is probably more work
to do to check the dependencies etc.

We have to provide a source release and can provide the binary only for
convenience.

I haven't thought in detailed about a release of the plugin yet. No time
so far. But the requirements are documented and we should discuss
potential questions here on the list.

Juergen