incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clipart library
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 06:50:13 GMT
On 9/9/12 11:36 PM, Ian Lynch wrote:
> On 3 September 2012 02:19, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> KG03 - see comments inline

>>> Once I have finished first iteration of sorting I'll send you the
>>> details so you can see what we have.
>>>
>> KG03 - Ian, great job. Ya, reach out to me when your further along. In the interim,
I'll capture a clipart social scenario.

> I have put the sorted clip art in a zip file in my public drop box folder
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1115462/casource.zip
>
> Snag is it is 360 meg! So not sure what is the best approach for
> dealing with it. Could probably do with further sorting but at least
> there is a good start so anyone could refine it to their particular
> needs much more quickly than starting from scratch.

I think we probably don't want bundle it with AOO directly. I can think
of an extended gallery implementation where it is possible to hook
online galleries as well.

Ok in case of OpenClipart it raises the question how it should be
organized/presented to our users. But allowing access to the online
resources will guarantee that we are up-to-date.

Juergen