incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXTENSION] LanguageTool in AOO
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 13:51:45 GMT
RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/9/9 Marco A.G.Pinto<marcoagpinto@mail.telepac.pt>
>> LanguageTool extension ( http://www.languagetool.org ) no longer freezes
>> on AOO 3.4.1 .
>> Could it be added as default to the next release?
> IMO, it is not that easy: LT is LGPL, which is not compatible with the
> Apache license. Being a "real software" I don't think the "mere
> aggregation" argument is valid here, as it was for dictionaries.

In itself, the "mere aggregation" concept, as defined by the GPL (and
LGPL) holds in exactly the same way for dictionaries and software.

But indeed LEGAL-117 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117
concerns only dictionaries, so we have asked (and obtained) legal
approval from Apache Legal for dictionaries only.

That said, LanguageTool depends on Java too, so it's unlikely that we
will want to include it in OpenOffice by default. But it's very
convenient to download it from
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/languagetool and a link to
the Extensions website is already shown on the download page.

Regards,
   Andrea.