incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Printer paper type incorrect
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 17:22:17 GMT
Hi Marco,

Marco A.G.Pinto schrieb:
> Hello Regina,
>

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I reported this months ago and it still happens.
>>
>> Where do you reported it? Bugzilla, mailing list, forum? Can you please point
>> to that report?
>>

> I reported it in the mailing list.

I found it in July. If it is indeed a bug in AOO (but I think not) then
there need to be a report in Bugzilla. Otherwise the developers do not
know, that actions are needed.

>>> When I want to print a document in OpenOffice, the default paper type is: "HP
>>> Advanced Photo Papers".
>>>
>>> "Plain Paper" and lots of other papers type have a "!" next to them and it
>>> always reverts to the one above.
>>>
>>> I have a wireless printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A
>>
>> Print is highly dependent on the operating system. So please tell us the
>> operating system.
>>

> I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

There are several parts, which I would check:
- Look at the settings directly at the printer, especially which kind of
paper is set to default and which tray is set to default. The settings
should be available directly at the printer or via a webinterface, if
you have a network.
- Look at the printer properties in Windows, not in OpenOffice but in
the Windows control panel.
- Look what printer driver is installed. Is it a localized one? The
English printer driver might be more accurate and/or more actual.

> The trick I am using is to print to PDF using CuteWriter+Ghostscript and then
> print from Adobe Reader to paper.

Why do you not use the PDF export of OpenOffice?

Kind regards
Regina