incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: [EXT] MySQL SDBC Connector
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 08:58:54 GMT
On 9/7/12 10:15 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:31:38AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 9/7/12 3:50 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>>> Hi *,
>>> I managed to build the MySQL Connector extension and make it work on
>>> * CentOS 5.8 32 and 64 bits
>>> * Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32 and 64 bits
>>> * Fedora 15 32 bits and 17 64 bits
>>> * Windows XP 32 bits
>>> * Windows 7 64 bits (arch. does not matter on Win, AOO is a 32 bits
>>>   application)
>>> You can find the extension binaries on
>>> These are supposed to be "universal" builds, that is, run on every
>>> Windows version, and Linux distro (Linux base is CentOS 5 with glibc
>>> 2.5). Everyone is welcome to test if they work on their systems; by
>>> "work" I mean it does not crash, I didn't fix any of the existing
>>> issues, it was just a try-to-build-it (for now).
>> it's cool and will help probably many people.
>> How did you build it? Did you simply use the former code and build it
>> within our normal build env? Or did you use a SDK env or a completely
>> new one. Did you create a separate module or project?.
> I built it with the SDK environment, "just like" the Complex Toolbar
> Controls example in /sdk/examples/cpp/complextoolbarcontrols

that's what I hoped. I hope we can find time to improve the
development/build experience for this kind of stuff. For Java extensions
we have the NetBeans plugin and I think with some manual tweaking
Eclipse can be used as well. Or the Eclipse plugin of Cedric of course.

For C++ the SDK env is one approach but not the best one. For Windows I
can think of a MS studio project file with all the necessary custom
targets and tweaks.

a lot of room for improvements as always ;-)

But again I am glad that you give it a try and closed one gap. I think
the connector is very useful for many users.

View raw message