incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DL][Website] First draft of the new DL scripting
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 22:03:53 GMT

On 09/06/2012 02:52 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 09/06/2012 01:33 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> VERY good! I am looking at changes in svn and I can see MUCH
>>> improvement. I will try to help with suggestions in the coming week.
>>>

>> ...more
>>
>> You are making very good progress and I hesitate to just make changes
>> without discussion.
>>
>> What do you suggest for this?? Additional sections on the wiki page??
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages
>>

> Hm, I've already created a new table in the Wiki to document the
> separating the general improvements from the one towards the new mirror
> structure.
>
> But I think this is now enough. Otherwise the overview is really gone.
>
>> attachment of pertinent files to the wiki page with comments?
>
> When the things are discussed and done then these data normally remains
> - at least this is my impression from other Wiki pages. Then the is also
> gone. Besides this I think it becomes very fast a real clutch.
>
> Let's see if we can make some progress here on the ML. When there is
> something valuable, then we can take it over to the Wiki page. So, I
> would suggest to create new threads with appropriate tags like "[DL
> scripting][SCHEMA] ..."
>
> What do you think?

yes, that's a good idea...after re-thinking, maybe my ideas were too
complicated for what you've already successfully simplified.

As things go on, we can revive this if needed.

Thanks again for all you've done, really. Your changes have already
improved the logic a lot. I'll do some more testing.

> Marcus

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"