incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DL][Website] First draft of the new DL scripting
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:52:41 GMT
Am 09/06/2012 01:33 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> On 09/02/2012 03:18 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>

>> On 09/02/2012 08:02 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was busy at the weekend to clean-up the DL scripting.
>>>
>>> The new webpages are accessible here (as long as they are not
>>> published):
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/index.html
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/other.html
>>>
>>> Some notes before you start with checking out:
>>>
>>> 1.
>>> The current focus is on reducing complexity, better simplification and
>>> more automatism. Not the design and layout. This is nearly the same.
>>>
>>> 2.
>>> It's normal that not all links will work as it's only a part of the
>>> download area. It depends on the link itself if it's not yet working or
>>> really broken. ;-)
>>>
>>> 3.
>>> When you find errors and want to report them please make sure to browse
>>> to the following webpage to help me with some debug data:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/analyze.html
>>>
>>> Next big step is to implement the new directory structure on the
>>> mirrors.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>
>> VERY good! I am looking at changes in svn and I can see MUCH
>> improvement. I will try to help with suggestions in the coming week.
>>

> ...more
>
> You are making very good progress and I hesitate to just make changes
> without discussion.
>
> What do you suggest for this?? Additional sections on the wiki page??
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages

Hm, I've already created a new table in the Wiki to document the
separating the general improvements from the one towards the new mirror
structure.

But I think this is now enough. Otherwise the overview is really gone.

> attachment of pertinent files to the wiki page with comments?

When the things are discussed and done then these data normally remains
- at least this is my impression from other Wiki pages. Then the is also
gone. Besides this I think it becomes very fast a real clutch.

Let's see if we can make some progress here on the ML. When there is
something valuable, then we can take it over to the Wiki page. So, I
would suggest to create new threads with appropriate tags like "[DL
scripting][SCHEMA] ..."

What do you think?

Marcus