incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Duplicate code in module binfilter [was: Re: svn commit: r1379349 - in /incubator/ooo/trunk/main: offapi/com/sun/star/sheet/ offapi/type_reference/ oox/inc/oox/xls/ oox/source/xls/ sc/inc/ sc/source/core/data/ sc/source/core/tool/ sc/source/filte
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:45:34 GMT

On 09/06/2012 12:41 AM, Juergen Schmidt wrote:

>> So that is what we will do with the older OOo file formats? I just want
>> to be clear that I need to find these files ands  then manually convert
>> all of them before support is dropped. I don't like writing my own
>> extractors from scratch, but I have done it before. Usually to help some
>> family member that I can't say no to that has old files in some format
>> that they just procrastinated on and the old program just stops working
>> on their new platforms (or something equally as strange).
>>

> You can help to explain if necessary because you understand the reasons that are discussed
here on the list.
> End user support for this kind of changes are important via the forum, user mailing lists
or other channels.

> Nevertheless do we have to look forward and should drop really old stuff that makes more
problems and blocks innovation than it helps.

> Juergen
OK, thanks.... I will be intentional about finding older files and
converting them to a newer format soon. Older versions may be available,
but that assumes that the older versions will still run on the newer
platforms; which is not always the case.

Yes, I understand the reasons and will be able to help spread the word
(as it were). :-)

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php