incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD] fixing the Win build
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:23:35 GMT

> Hi,
>
> On 06.09.2012 01:51, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 04:27:30PM -0700, Andrew Rist wrote:
>>>
>>> requesting help debugging the win build.
>>> there are now 4 modules not building:
>>>
>>>   * extensions
>>>
>>> -http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/main/extensions/wntmsci12.pro/misc/logs/source.activex.main.txt
>>>

>> I was taking a look at this today. It seems the build bot uses the
>> Pro VS edition, and it does not come with atlthunk.lib, thus the error
>>
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
>> 'C:/Progra~1/MICROS~1.0/VC/atlmfc/lib/atlthunk.lib'
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1343720 added the
>> library, needed when building with the Express edition, but this fails
>> with the Pro edition (or at least with the version we have at the
>> University, and the one in the build bot: atlthunk.lib does not exist).
>>

> Ariel, you are right, here.
> I can confirm that VS Pro version does not come with atlthunk.lib - my version
> also do not have it.
>
>> I don't have a solution for this, I don't know if there is a way to
>> detect if someone  is using the Express or the Pro VS edition; on the other
>> hand, the way how ATL is handed in configure.in and set_soenv.in looks
>> rather error prone: if you don't disable ATL explicitly in configure,
>> you get ATL_LIB and ATL_INCLUDE from set_soenv without any further check.
>>
>> Someone developing on windows may find a solution.
>>

> Ariel, again you are right.
> What is also missing in the configure is the stuff which we had documented in
> issue 118821. We somehow need to distinguish the usage from VS Express and VS Pro.
> May be we can introduce an addional option by which it can be indicated that the
> VS Pro version is used.

my suggestion as a very-short-term solution is to use configure options
--disable-atl and --disable-activex in order to disable this part of the build.
This is only a very very short-term solution in order to continue this the
Windows buildbot in order to find further problems.

Best regards, Oliver.