incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <>
Subject Re: [BUILD] fixing the Win build
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:06:05 GMT

On 06.09.2012 01:51, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 04:27:30PM -0700, Andrew Rist wrote:
>> requesting help debugging the win build.
>> there are now 4 modules not building:
>>   * extensions
>>     -
> I was taking a look at this today. It seems the build bot uses the
> Pro VS edition, and it does not come with atlthunk.lib, thus the error
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:/Progra~1/MICROS~1.0/VC/atlmfc/lib/atlthunk.lib'
> added the
> library, needed when building with the Express edition, but this fails
> with the Pro edition (or at least with the version we have at the
> University, and the one in the build bot: atlthunk.lib does not exist).

Ariel, you are right, here.
I can confirm that VS Pro version does not come with atlthunk.lib - my version
also do not have it.

> I don't have a solution for this, I don't know if there is a way to
> detect if someone  is using the Express or the Pro VS edition; on the other
> hand, the way how ATL is handed in and looks
> rather error prone: if you don't disable ATL explicitly in configure,
> you get ATL_LIB and ATL_INCLUDE from set_soenv without any further check.
> Someone developing on windows may find a solution.

Ariel, again you are right.
What is also missing in the configure is the stuff which we had documented in
issue 118821. We somehow need to distinguish the usage from VS Express and VS Pro.
May be we can introduce an addional option by which it can be indicated that the
VS Pro version is used.

Best regards, Oliver.

View raw message